Would you let ur toddler listen to music that has cussing in it

just have to know would you let ur toddlers listen to music with cussing in it i mean like the f word and talking ABOUT sex

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No because they are old enough then to sing along... when they are a bit older and understand what words are fine/vs bad then fine- but still not the sexual type lyrics preferably
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No, my child has the mind and mouth of a sponge and will repeat EVERYTHING. I am the Mother yelling at people who drive by with that trash blasting out of their car to turn it down. HATE that!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Honestly, whatever a child listens to or watches isn't the problem. The problem is when the parent doesn't do their job and tell the child "Don't repeat those words/actions". Now, some would argue that not allowing them to watch that would solve the problem both ways. In some cases that is true for a while, but then as they get older you're going to have to teach them that anyway. Now, I'm not saying go out of your way to expose your child to these things, but if they happen to watch/listen to it then the parent just needs to instill in the child the appropriateness (or lack) of the content.

My kids listen to my husband's music while we're in the car. Now being on the radio they block out most of the cursing, but still the same. I just teach my children not to repeat what isn't appropriate.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i totaly agree with you but my daughter in law lets my grandchild listen to it and i getting so mad i have said something already my son is in iraq so he cant control it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• well i have 2 toddlers and i will not let them listen to it at all there are something kids should not hear
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Nope.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• They do. I listen to a lot of different kinds of music. On days when I'm in the mood for Emenem, TuPac, Disterbed or some of my other favorite groups there is a good bit of "F words" and sex... I have never seen a problem with is.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No they are like a sponge the repeat everything
    Mrs.Buse

Answer by Mrs.Buse at 12:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• No. They usually copy what they hear so.

Answer by gemgem at 12:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• yes we was out one day and the lady said the f word and then my 2 year old looked at me and said it i was so mad and i told her that is was a bad word and not to say it again and a couple of days later she said it again so then i had to give her a time out and after that she never said it again
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2011