What do you do during Spring break?

to keep your kids from saying "I'm bored" or "I have nothing to do?"

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I plan on spending most of spring break at the park. Everyday we will eat breakfast, pack a lunch, head to the park where they can splash in the water, run around, or play on the playground. Then we will go home at dinner time. I may also go to the library or something if it is raining or chilly outside.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• hmm ive been thinking about the same thing. im definitally going to have my son do some crafts that are springtime-ish :) maybe some handprint flowers?
    AdrianzMommie

Answer by AdrianzMommie at 1:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Nothing. They can find things to do on their own and if they can't I bring out a bucket of soapy water or other cleaning supplies and put them to work. The garage needs a good cleaning and the weather's nice. They whine about being bored they'll be sweeping out the garage and helping me organize it. I doubt their boredom lasts long. They are on spring break this week. Yesterday we had a birthday party for my youngest daughter. We have no other plans. My husband is working and plans to pick up shifts on his 2 days off because we need the money. I don't have a car so we can't go anywhere anyway.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• We have so many projects on the go, there is never any time to say "I'm bored!" :)
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 4:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2011