Would you or do you go with your boyfriend to the ex's house to pick up the kids? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I've never done that nor would I ever do that. Not a comfortable situation for anyone involved.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Not until I was engaged or married. Then, you will be a stepmom, and it is appropriate for you to have some parenting responsibility.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Depends on the relationships... I do, I have no problems with my bf's ex. I think she is a nice girl and we get along fine. she even tried 2 sell me sentsy candles once. lol and I like that she knows her kids r in good hands when they r with me because she sees how they react to me. Chances r, your bf"s ex already knows u exist, and if there arent any harsh feelings, then go, show that u r involved. but if u think it might cause problems.. dont go there, stirring up trouble would b harder on the kids. and no one likes drama.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 1:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Since we live an hour apart, we decided to meet half way, so neither of us has to drive more. I do go to their house sometimes, if I'm already going to be in the area. No problems here, we all have a great relationship, but we just do whats convenient for each other.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2011