Stress

When I get really upset and stressed I start having really painful frequent contractions that get worse and worse. I don't know how to calm myself down, none of the things like taking a walk or bath and stuff work for me. I can't clear my mind from the things that are stressing me :(

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Do you have music that calms you down? Do you have a favorite activity? When I am stressed and upset I find things that I enjoy doing and start doing it. I have things that make me happy that I force myself to think about. I am under a GREAT deal of stress right now myself. So much so that if I dont force myself to think of other things I will end up loosing it. I cant do that to my family so I force myself. There is no I cant do it, its I have to do it for my kids and my hubby. So when things get hard, think about your baby and what is going to happen if you cant calm down. GOOD luck!
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I have toxemia and I have the same thing happen. In addition, I will start "seeing stars" which is a sign of your blood pressure spiking. Also, if I am up moving around too much or even if I do something too quickly, I will end up with a hard contraction lasting at least a minute.

I know that this sounds impossible, especially when you have a family, but the only thing that I have found that works is sitting or laying down most of the time. I'm on modified bed rest anyway, but really not dealing with things helps me. Let your SO/DH know that he is in charge of discipline and you are in charge of producing a healthy child.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• have you tried talking about some of the things that are stressing you out? it might work, it might make it worse...
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 2:42 AM on Apr. 4, 2011