Ever feel like your below the rest of your family or part of them?

My niece is getting married and having a real nice wedding. I'm not a martialistic person. I like nice things at a cheap price. But never cared for brand names. Yet I get complements from people on my attire. My sis (the mom of the bride) feels the need to dress me for her daughters wedding. I appreciate the fact that she wants to buy me things cuz I can't afford them, but yet feel that if she were to let ME dress myself, she would be imbarrassed. She want to dress me in stuff that would be worn to a prom & I feel OVERDRESSED. I'm trying to get my nieces opinion but she has been unavailable. Uggggh.

How would you feel? Should I just take advantage of the niceness & say nothing, or should I say something?

Jesstsilly

Asked by Jesstsilly at 11:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• If you don't mind wearing what she has for you, great. Wear it. if you prefer not to, DON'T. This is your life, you can stand up without being hurtful or mean.

My mom (in the 60s or 70s) was asked to dye her hair for her sister's wedding!!! She did (it was naturally brown but had been blonde for a number of years) and regretted it.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 1:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I am not to sure I would be offended, maybe she just wants you to look really nice like everyone else and doesn't want you to feel left out. If this is a really elaborate wedding I hardly feel that you would be over dressed!
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 11:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• If your part of the wedding party ALL the bridesmaid are gonna be in prom like dresses. If your just a guest and not sitting at the head table at the reception then I'de have a talk with her. It's your body and how you dont feel comfortable being dressed up like a barbie doll
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2008