Color for small bathroom

I have a shower curtain that is a light shade of green and matching rug. The bathroom is very small with a window. Need to paint the walls a color that will makethe room it appear bigger and more light will show.
Any suggestions!!

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• white is always a good color and of courese would go with the light green. If not white then it has to be a nice color that goes nicely with the green. Maybe a very ver fainth yellow?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 3:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• the brighter the color, like white, pp had mentioned...will briing in more light. I had a small bathroom as well and white with a bunch of vanity lights helped and then i decorated it with a color, i did light green like you but you have to know, if the room is small, you decorate so your eye reaches to the top which makes the room bigger like i had put a shelf above the vanity light and placed green dinner plates that matched on that shelf. Work your way down, shades of green in an artwork that is placed just below the shelf of plates somewhere.

you can always add fabric with velcro to attach it on an item in your bathroom to create a skirt
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I like the idea of a white or cream color
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My bathroom is tiny too! We have it painted a ice blue. I change the curtains and rugs as often to season or Holiday. Best of luck. Have a light neutral color so you can change things up! Best of luck!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Eggshell
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I think americansugar80 hit the nail on the head. I totally agree with her.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• white
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• White or cream.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2011