Help

i got my tubes tied 2 month ago and i havent had my period the doc say it normal i just need advise on what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm going to follow this question because I am considering getting this done.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 3:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Have a check up with a different Dr. if you feel your Dr. is wrong. They can do a blood pregnancy test and pelvic exam to make sure your aren't haveing a tubal pregnancy. That happened with my step mom and they had to do a hysterectomy.

On the bright side your body is probably just trying to get used to it or your shocked it with the surgery.

either way go see a Dr. just to put your fear at ease. Good luck, I've got my fingers crossed for your health.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My mom had a tubal and she didn't have to have a hysterectomy, but she did have her tube removed. If you feel uncomfortable, get a second opinion or look it up on a medical site that you trust.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I had my tubes tied last April and i still have not had a period, but i am still breastfeeding so that may be why. I would get a second oppinion if you are not comfortable with his answer. I was not told by my OB that i would not get a period.
    Anonymous

• well went to a diffent ob she toldsi i wouldnt have a period since i have my tube tied so i guess i worried about this for nothing thanks everyone for the advise
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2011