I am 21 and i have been trying to get pregnantfor 3 years is something wrong with me?

HeartBroken21

Asked by HeartBroken21 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• We can't tell you that. After that long of a time frame though, and if you are healthy, stable and in a committed relationship....I'd say go to a fertility specialist and pursue it further. There might be a problem, or it could be bad timing. If you want it that badly, I'd say find out for sure.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I HAD A FRIEND THAT TOOK HER 6 YEARS TO GET PREGNANT AND SHE NEVER THOUGHT SHE COULD ERVER GET PREGNANT AND SHE DID JUST GOTTA HAVE FAITH AND REMEBER ITS 15 DAYS AFTER YOUR CYCLE YOU CAN GET PREGNANT MY MOM HAS HELPED A FRIEND ASWELL THAT SHE WAS TRYING TO GET PREGNANT AND SHE DID IT 15 DAYS AFTER HER PERIOD AND CONCIEVED ! BABY DUST TO YOU AND GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

• It is 15 days if you have a normal cycle. Everyone ovulates 14 days before their period comes no matter how long your cycle is.
    Anonymous

• They say after a year of actively trying you need to see a fertility specialist. It could be as simple as timing or something else. I would defently check it out .
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 2:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i never used protection in high school (can't believe I never contracted anything), but also never got pregnant.

So, I was probably having unprotected sex for 5 yrs or so. My cycles were always messed up... I'd have maybe 4 a year or something. then one day I randomly took a pregnancy test, and it was positive. Since my baby, my cycle is totally normal, and I am now preg. with #2.

I guess it will just take some time, and maybe a visit to a Dr. if your cycle is messed up. Also acupuncture might help.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I just read your profile.

it says you lost your baby (miscarriage?!) last year. That means you actually are only TTC since 1 year. and with the problem that you cant get over the loss you will have a hard time getting pregnant again. your body and your mind is not ready for a new baby yet.

Always remember that you can not replace your first baby. and until you are not over your loss you shouldnt try to get pregnant again. You should go and get help for yourself.

Like i just said, your body doesnt seem to be ready yet. And when i had a miscarriage 7years ago my OBGYN told me to wait at least 1-2 years before i would TTC again, because thats the time your body needs to recover and heal.

Good luck.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• go see a chiropractor. They can do great things for fertility
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• "It is 15 days if you have a normal cycle. Everyone ovulates 14 days before their period comes no matter how long your cycle is. "Answered at 2:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 by: Anonymous

LOL you are so wrong! I personally ovulate on day 12. That is not that unusual!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• No one ovulates on any certina day! I ovulate on day 12, and thats 13 days before my period. Track your cycle on one of the numerous sites out there and start looking at getting some testing done. You might not need fertility treatment but you might not ovulate at all, or have some other problems that could be cured with meds. Good luck. and a chriopracter or acupunurist can help as well.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 4:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Have you been to see the doctor? Go see the doctor and talk to them about running test on you to make sure that everything is working properly. Please ignore the ignorant responses that you from "anonymous" people, they have nnothing better to do. And to be honest I do not think that they have a life.
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2008