Anyone have any idea what CPS/Social Services will do to her in the situation?

Ok,long story short. My 22 yr old cousin got pregnant,had her son in 2008. he was taken away in October of 2009 because he wasn't being fed. He's still gone;living with his paternal grandma. She's been ordered to get a job by October of this year,or he's being put up for adoption
In April of 2010,she had her 2nd son (same dad) She still has him
5 months ago,she meets this new guy. he's apiece of work,but thats a whole other story.
She went off her BC pills because she said they were making her sick (whatever) and never tried another kind. We suspect that they haven't been using protection.
2 weeks ago she goes into immediate care with vomiting and a fever. They give her IV fluids and send her home. Once again,she's throwing up. I'm highly doubting this is the Rotavirus again. I think she's pregnant.
CPS told her back in February that if she got pregnant again,"it wouldn't be good for her case"
Do you think that if she is,son #1 is gone for good,and son #2 is on the chopping block so to speak,for next in line for removal?
She has no job as of right now,and has never had one. She lives off the state welfare system and lives with her mom.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• They probably will end up taking all the children. We have clients in situations like this and continue to make children and lose them all. They show no motivation to change and care for these children.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• That's horrible! She obviously doesn't care enough about her children to change her ways. If they take them all it's likely they will be split up... so sad
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 4:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• That's so sad for all the babies involved. Poor things!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It sounds as though she will lose all rights to her first 2 children. Being unemployed and living with relatives should not be a deciding factor in termination of parental rights cases.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I think the two babies are already gone for good. She hasn't changed her ways, and I know that at least in my home state if the children are in care for 15 consecutive months the courts can petition for termination of the parental rights. And IF rights are terminated for one child, they can immediately terminate them with any other children that parent has. So say she is pregnant, and if by October they're done giving her chances and they terminate her rights. Whenever this new baby is born, they don't have to give her the option to parent. They can terminate the rights immediately seeing as how she already has a termination on her record.

This is just in MY home state, and before you go and tell me I am wrong please keep in mind that I did work for an attorney for 4 1/2 years and I've seen it happen many times.

I wish you luck. CPS is a nasty battle, but parents who are unwilling to fight just make it worse.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Oh, not just you Butterfly lol. People tend to not believe how aggressive CPS actually is. =). It was just meant as a general statement! <3
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Ok well once a child is put up for adoption they pretty much have made up there mind but they will have a hearing to terminate her parental right to which they will try to determine weather or not she is or will ever be in the very near future a viable resource. She can fight it but will have to prove that she is able or is working on bieng able to take care of her son. If they do terminate her rights for that one they are saying she is not fit and there is a good chance the next child could have the same thing happen they will be watching her very closely. if she could get therepy a parenting class go to school get a job or in a job skill program she might have a shoot it is up to her but honestly it dosent look good. s for the previous post about her not caring that isnt for us to judge she may have emotional trouble or other issues that preven ther from bieng able to step up the most important thing is to keep the kids safe
    graceblessedmom

Answer by graceblessedmom at 4:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Children aren't eligible to be put up for adoption until the parental rights have been terminated. They can be put into foster care in the mean time, but not on the adoption wait list.

State to state is going to vary. I've sat and watched a Mom lose 5 kids because she had a termination on her record. Two were immediately taken as soon as they were born, and the others were taken the moment CPS was informed about the children. Why did she have a termination on her record? Well, she did work the treatment plan she was given, but she was really young. I think she was still a minor when she got involved with CPS. So she did try, but that still wasn't enough.

It seems like this Mom isn't trying at all. Yes she could have issues but she should have already been court ordered to do a psych eval and parenting classes. Parenting classes are pretty standard with any CPS open case. Has she done anything or pretty much done nothing?
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Legally those kids need to get removed from her. She is not fit to be a mother. Also has she considered maybe to get fix herself after all she has nothing else to do. That is sad because those kids deserve to be in a loving home with parents that would love them and take care of them.
    beenie21

Answer by beenie21 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Do you think she has some mental illness and needs therapy? I mean....if she didn't feed her first baby, that is not normal. It sounds like she really needs help and at this rate,if she doesn't get psychiatric help , she will just keep on neglecting her kids.I am sorryy--this must be hard to deal with. Good luck.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2011