Sofa Cushions

My sofa and loveseat are still in good condition and not old (maybe 3 yrs old) but the cushions are not firm anymore. I do not have sewing skills and want to have them firmed up again.
Where can I have this done?

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Look for an upholsterer in your area.

Answer by older at 4:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• If they have zippers, you might be able to insert some foam padding in them. But the simplest would be as Older said to go to an upholsterer. I have gotten the best prices from small independent businesses, but it would be a good idea to get a couple estimates. When I wanted our whole sofa redone, I had estimates from $500 to over $2000.

Answer by Bmat at 4:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, you should be able to find a local person that does reupholstering and they can cut you new pieces of foam and put them on for you. It should not cost too much since there is no actual sewing involved. My Mom used to do reupholstery and I know she would charge a lot less to do something like this.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Call around for someone that can re-cover them for you.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2011