How do you tell your best friend she's gone too far?

So, I had my best friend watch my kids at her house the other day when I had to be rushed to the ER. She had to use my van because she drives a pickup and the tank was full. I spent three days in the hospital during which my dd had to go to school each morning and be picked up. I did pay for there food and diapers as well.

I am so thankful she was there to take on my children in an emergency, but I got my van back with the tank empty and I feel so taken advantage of. How should I approach this to her or should I just leave it alone?

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• With gas prices these days it's tough but would you have used the same amountof gas if you were running the kids around? Whatever errands she had to do she had to take the kiddos with her, since her truck is too small. If you think she used WAY more than you would have in the normal course of events I might just say "Hey, next time you take the van leave me at least x aount of gas" This might prompt her to give you a little towards gas, but if not at least she knows next time.
    But if she used as much as you wuld have I wouldn't say anything at all.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 4:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• leave it alone.... she helped you out with no notice at all and took care of your kids... dont be petty.
    Anonymous

• You're kidding right? She spent 3 days taking care of your child and you're worried about the amount of gas she used?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Leave it. She did you a favor!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Leave it alone, she did you a huge favor. Just be thankful that she was there for you.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 4:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• If she had borred your van because she needed a vehicle to drive then yes, she should have replaced the gas that she used for herself. BUT....she used your van and YOURgas to care for YOUR children. Why should she have to watch your kids for 3 days AND PAY for the gas that got YOUR kids to school?
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Leave that alone
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I think you should just be thankful. Maybe she used th car to pick up and drop your kids?? I would just be glad she was there and a tank of gas seems a small price to pay for someone you trust to be there for them..)
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I would have to say something in the lines of what you said in this post, it would eat me up alive if I didn't, but that is just me, I like to always clear the air.

Answer by older at 4:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I would leave it, she watched your kids for you for 3 days and nights and let you get the care you needed with out the worry of your children.
    Ambear72

Answer by Ambear72 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2011