Mother's Day present for my son's stepmom...

Is this silly? He gave her a card last year and wants to get her something this year. She's very nice and he enjoys hanging out with her.

angiemgiu

Asked by angiemgiu at 4:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• that is nice... she IS a part of her life and if your son gets along with her it will make his life AND your life easier. I think it is a wonderful gesture and you should let him know you are ok with it too.

well done making the best out of what isnt the ideal situation! props!
    Anonymous

• She is the other mom, I see nothing wrong with it. If she is an active part in his life she is acting as the mother while he is with her. I asy go for it, nothing strange about it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• his life... not her life
    Anonymous

• I dont find it silly one bit. If he wants to get something for her then why dont you take him out to get her something small. I get that shes just a stepmom but if shes doing a good job at being a stepmom, friend & not overstepping any boundaries then its nice to let her know shes doing a good job too =) This dosent mean that your son thinks any less of you, you'll still always be number one!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I think thats very sweet. As a stepmom myself the kids use to make me cards or their mother would buy me something little. My kids as well like her and they make her cards or we buy something little for her. It all depends on the person. I think its very admirable knowing people can put their differences aside, not many people can do that.
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 4:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Sweet not silly at all.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Makes perfect since. While you are his mom she also hold a strong female role in his life and he loves her as well. He just wants to include her even if it's just a home made card.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• a step mother can never replace ones own. but I will tell you that to this day my step mom rocks. if your son has a good relationship with her let him give her gifts. not everyone is as lucky as he to have a step parent they like

MominCa

Answer by MominCa at 5:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• That is a very thoughtful gesture! AT least he doesnt hate her. That is so sweet!
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Its great! It shows YOU are raising a child that values the PERSON not the situation.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 11:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2011