Going from large space to small living space.....

We just moved into a smaller apartment after 2 1/2 years in one twice the size of this one. I am drained with the constant attempt of moving around things to make it all fit (yes we've gotten rid of lots already).

We got rid of a kitchen table (no need we have a bar in here), bread rack, desk, inflatable ballpit, childs play tent, child climbing structure (yes this was inside our old house we had the space!), went from a king bed to a queen.... in addition to the zillions of little things that we have gotten rid of as well!

I guess there is no questions here just a rant. I know all the secrets we have toys & kitchen items in clear plastic boxes that stack on top of eachother, hooks along walls, put a few things packed away in storage, drawers under the beds, second rods in closets (one high one low), tall shelves (have a few)..... in a month we will even have some shelves bulit/put on the walls with baskets to toss in my daughters craft stuff on a wall that is empty of anything.

*sigh* its simply exhausting shuffling things around day in & day out like a big puzzle. So if you have any other suggestions please just say them b/c anything/everything helps at this point! My father owns the apartment complex so we can pretty much do as we please as in building or putting in things. Thanks for listening.

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Just for Fun

• hmmm I have the same problem all I can say is make sure everything has a multi purpose and if yoy can store everyhting I put up lots of shelves hang what I can the thing I love is at target ai found furnuture that also opens into staorage sweet
    graceblessedmom

Answer by graceblessedmom at 4:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• You could always check out IKEA. It seems like everything they have in their store is for small homes and for those who need tons of storage space like shelving units and cabinets and really cool entertainment centers, etc.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Oh yeah we have an audomen (sp!?) that opens up to toss things into! It's got the legs to the furniture set we have (toys kept getting lost under it so we took legs off problem solved!), & vhs, cd's, dvd's, etc in that. I love that bit of extra space!

I have seen things for back of doors to put things in, I think I may get a couple of those you know to put shoes or whatever in & they are clear. Also things that hang down from closet rods, I may find a use for those. I refuse to get rid of anymore of my daughters toys I mean she has a lot but I dont want to make her feel like we are throwing away all her things shes only 3, I want her to be as comfortable with this move as much as she can be (which I think she is, we did move closer to family after all which makes her super happy!) =)

I love target BTW hehehehehe totally my fave place to shop for household type things!
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• IKEA what a concept! I have heard awesome things of this such store but sadly I live literally in the middle of maine (nowhere seriously) so we have Walmart, Target, maybe a bed/bath/beyond, hmmmmm lol not too many options! Maybe I will check them out online, sometimes online is better then the stores anyway!
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2011