• In the Spotlight:

Craiglist?

I was reading a bunch of posts on there this morning. Alot of people were bashing people asking for christmas help. I was like omg I cant believe these people were swearing just because someone wanted a wii for her kids. They were really rude to everyone. Saying that there is help in their area. Isnt this a season for giving. I didnt post on there but it breaks my heart to see that on there.

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 1:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Holidays

• It is the same on craigslist where I live. Even if you think those things, can't you keep it to yourself? Especially during the holidays. If you don't want to help then fine, just don't say anything.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 2:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Greed...Selfishness and lack of spirit of giving.
    Anonymous

• I don't mind helping people here in my community where I can see the need.......but the thought of helping someone just b/c they "say" they are needy over the computer is foreign to me. There are far too many scam artists out there. And I didn't read the post you referred to, but if you are worried about your kids having Christmas...you need to be looking for things that people can afford to give not a $250 gaming system. Everybody has been hit hard by the economy. Teach your kids that Christmas isn't all about $$$$$ for goodness sake.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I understand everyone wants to give their kids a Christmas but you can do it without spending a fortune and I'm sorry but if you can't afford to buy a game system don't expect someone to give you one.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• love is the best gift to give someone.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• What do we expect when society thinks it is ok to trample a man to death to get a stupid tv.  If we all did a materialistic-free Christmas the true meaning may flow, but our economy would go down the drain.  What can we do?  What are the limits?  What is right?

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2008