Delivery Room?

Since losing my husband, everytime I look at a delivery plan I'm totally at a loss. I was looking at a post today about who to have in the room and I have no idea now. If you and df weren't together or if your dh wasn't there, who did you have in the delivery room?

Fiestygoodbye

Asked by Fiestygoodbye at 5:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Choose someone who you won't mind seeing you half naked and at your most vulnerable. You will be both and need to have someone there that you trust beyond a shadow of a doubt.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• if i were to be in this situation;; my older sister no one else. i am a very private person.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Sorry for your loss. For me it would probably be a sibling.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 5:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• wow ummm im sorry about ur loss. u should found someone ur comfortable with. i would have one of my 2 best friends or my gma
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 5:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss.....

I am an only child and my Mom actually ANNOYS me when I'm in pain and under pressure. So I guess a close friend, my dad, or maybe both. I'd like a support person and another to play photographer for me. I am modest though so I'd make them promise to cover me if a boob is hanging out and not to look "down there", even for photos
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I could not imagine not having the baby's father with me. I am so sorry for your loss. If I had to choose anyone else, it would probably be my mother.
    BGrieger

Answer by BGrieger at 6:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I am sorry for your loss.

Honestly, I have given birth to our previous two children by myself, because I find the whole ordeal to embarrassing to watch, but my LP has pressured me into letting him in this time. If I had to choose someone else, it would be his mother or my sister. Both would respect my privacy and be good support.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• What kind of a birth experience do you want?
    How far along are you?
    What will be the setting?
    Do you have close friends-family-children that you would like to be present?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I really want a calm experience and one where I'll have tons of support because I feel like I'm going to be terrified.
    I'm currently only 14 weeks with twins.
    I will be in a hospital.
    I think I would like his mom and sister to be there. Maybe a really close friend but I haven't talked to her about it yet.
    Fiestygoodbye

Comment by Fiestygoodbye (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Sorry for your loss. I would say my mom and MIL and my sister, but that's it.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 6:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2011