Should i be conserned?

I am going on 37 weeks on Monday, i have an appointment on Thursday (17th), and i am having really bad cramping/ heaviness, should i go in to L&D or should i wait it out and talk to my doctor on Thursday?

JenniferMarie18

Asked by JenniferMarie18 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you're having contractions, I'd start with keeping track of them for an hour or so. If they're irregular, I'd wait it out.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• They could be the brackstin (sp) hicks contractions. The best answer though is to call your doctor asap. There is always an emergency person on, and they can ask you the right questions. Most likely they will want you to go to the emergency room, or come in the office tomorrow. I wouldn't wait until the 17th though, even if it's just for your own piece of mind, because the more you worry the more stressed you will be and that simple is not good for you or the baby.
    morthanjustamom

Answer by morthanjustamom at 11:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I agree with ReneeK3
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 11:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• try waiting it out if you can.They like you to come in L&D when your contractions are 6-7 mintues apart or if your water broke.Labour can last for hours and some times it's false labour.Beleive me I been there done that.Start wating the time an see how far a part the pain is and how long the pain last for
    Mamato2angels

Answer by Mamato2angels at 11:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2008