Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I really need help!

My ex went to jail for harrassment and domestic violence. I was told I would recieve notification in the mail about the court date however I never did and missed the courtdate. Is there anyway to dispute this? He got off scottfree and he beat me for three years and deserves to go to jail. What do I do?

Answer Question

Asked by June_Mama09 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Relationships

Level 26 (26,054 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • maybe a civil suit

    Answer by graceblessedmom at 5:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • You can go down to the courthouse and ask if they could redo the court date, it kinda depends because all states are different. I know there has to be something you can do! I'm sorry this happened to you and I am glad that you got out of that kind of relationship! It's not healthy!

    Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 5:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • call the courthouse police department and so on best of luck to u

    Answer by goobersmom713 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • I live in WA if that matters

    Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • I don't really have any answers for you, but maybe call the court that handled the case and see if there is anything they can do. Talk to a lawyer?? Best of luck to you hun!

    Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 6:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • I lived in Georgia at the time, but I went through this same kind of situation, and I never received a letter either. I was told that I wouldn't need to be there.

    Answer by allen.moriahd at 6:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • I would go down and pitch a flying fit mama. Is this for the car incident or prior stuff?

    Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

  • no this is for when he choke slammed me

    Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.