Change

i put all my change into my sons bank and the last time i cashed it in and put it in his account he had 70+ dollars in his bank 50 of it was quaters. do u save your change? how much do you think is in your kids banks?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes, our change typically goes straight to our girls' piggy bank. They have a smaller bank and share it, so when we empty it out there is usually about $20 and we let them each spend five and each save five.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• We have a HUGE piggy bank... the kind with out a stopper. We have been putting ONLY silver coins in there since Nov. '05 and it still isnt full.

It is labeled "Our Helping Ham" and guests and family know that ALL the money will be donated when it is full. I have seen people drop $10 bills in there too!

When it is full we will break it open, count the money, and start some kind of trust... our 3 children get to choose what the trust money goes towards and it will be in their names. ((example The Smith Kids Pj trust for the children who come into social services to get new pjs))

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I put all of my change from my purse in my son's piggy back and all of the change from my car in our change jar. Unfortunately, my son has more!! LOL It's good though ;o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My DS has a piggy bank that he puts money in and we're just now deciding what to do with it. We'll probably put it in the bank for him.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 7:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• The kids have their own banks, they put in any money they find or any money we bribe them with. I have my own - I don't spend any change unless I'm desperate at the grocery store or something, lol! Last time we cashed it in it was a few hundred dollars - we're waiting to cash all of them in til shortly before our "big" vacation, and we'll let the kids have some of theirs for spending & some will go in their savings accounts, everything in mine will be for spending on our trip.
    Anonymous