First Birthday

I know i cant make everybody happy and the decision on what to do for my son's first birthday is up to my husband and i, but i also dont want to make my MIL feel uncomfortable. My husband's Aunt has been there for our boys and myself more than my MIL has been in the past and . The Aunt is my MIL ex-sister-in -law and my mil said she would not feel comfortable if i had the party at Aunt Adel's house. Our Aunt is paralized from her waist down and our house is not handicapped accesable and her portable ramp wont work the way our steps are. So in other words my MIL would NOT come to her grandson's first birthday if i have it where i want it. This is our 4th son so we are not having anything big...just family and fun for the kids. I was thinking about having 2 diffferent parties, but that seems silly and my husband works 7 days a week, 10 to 12 hr days so he cant miss much work. I have an idea of what i will end up doing, but wanted some other ideas...would you please help me out? Thanks:)  David's first B-Day is April 22nd so it is extra special because it is also Good Friday this year!

team21

Asked by team21 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just do a special dinner or something at your house with the mil. You could always do a small cake for the baby too. I always have a party for my children on the first birthday, inviting friends and family over and then on the actual day we get another small cake and celebrate again with just us at home. you could always invite her over then. just a suggestion. (I have a first birthday coming up too...so excited...April 30th)

jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I would keep the party at Aunt Adel's house - as planned- and invite mil to the party. If it would be an uncomfortable situation for Aunt and mil then I would ask mil to come to our house either later that day for left-over cake/coffee, or invite her to supper one night and let her celebrate then.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Keep it at the aunt's and invite your MIL. Or, if you live in an area that has pretty weather now, you could have it at a park or something outdoors so that it would be a neutral location. Happy birthday to your baby!
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Thank you
    team21

Comment by team21 (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2011