When can I go home?!?! Post pardom I think is kicking in.....

I have been sitting here with my daughter in the NICU for 2 weeks (today)and seeing daddy come for a visit as short as it was, made me really sad. like post pardom or something kicked in and i just wanna cry.. I hate hormones.
I dont wanna talk to anyone cause medication is not always the answer. and whos to say its post pardom. but you never know. I have good days and bad days..... gosh I hope she can go home soon, I wanna be home with daddy and be comfortable...

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 6:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Please get help if these feeling continue though, I had PPD with my second son who had only a 2 week total NICU stay, it got really bad, and I didn't get help. If you need someone to talk to feel free to message me!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• postpartum proper spelling
    Anonymous

• Anon, she doesn't need that right now!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It may be post pardom, but I think it's more that you just want to be back at home. The NICU is a rough place to be and you want to see your child healthy and lead a normal life, rather than commute to the hospital everyday or spend the night there. I hope everything gets better soon xoxox If your thinking you have PPD, talk to someone at the hospital on maternity, they may be able to help you with some counciling or help. xoxox
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 6:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I used to call 'em the NICU blues, I had them along with the other mothers in the NICU, try to find some things to cheer you up. I know it's hard but you can do it. Is it possible somebody could come and be with you quite a bit? I found the lack of anyone to sit with me hard, I was alone 99% of the time and started to think I was going crazy. I spent a total of 7 weeks in there and they are bad memories but I didn't have PPD, if you are worried though talk to somebody at the hospital, it's always worth a try.

Good luck mama!
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 6:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• How is your little one doing? I hope everything is fine.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• of course u are upset, you still haven't taking your baby home yet, that would break your heart in itself. don't wprry once you get your baby home and everything settles you will feel better. just make sure to talk to your husband about how you feel, so he can support you
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 6:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It may be postpartum depression, but i think it is most likely situational. It is not easy to have a baby in the NICU. My sister has worked in the NICU as an RN for 22 yrs and she has told me how difficult is is for parents. I went through postpartum after i gave birth to my 4th son and did not go on any medication. I hid it for 8 long weeks, but it got to be unbearable so i had to talk with my husband about it...i though he would be angry with me, but he was suprisingly supportive. My baby was not in the NICU this time so i didnt have any real reason to be depressed. Good Luck and i hope you two can go home real soon! ((((((((HUGS)))))))))
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Sounds like me when my hubby would leave the hospital to go home. Our son was born with a minor cleft palate so we stayed for I think 4 days. I know my hormones were out of wack and I wish I would have known about Super B vitamins and SamE along with my multivitamin. All 3 helped level my emotions. Talk to your dr about Super B vitamins and the SamE. You can get them over the counter pretty much any pharmacy.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Sound completely normal there are a lot of hormone fluctuations going on right now on top the added stress. I cried a lot in the beginning little things would set me off. If it last more than a few weeks please do speak with your DR they can better judge if it is the baby blues or something more serious. Good luck I hope your little get to go home soon.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2011