How can I get my two week old to sleep in her bassinet/packnplay

We are fixing to move, so I didnt put up her crib just yet, not that theres any room for it anyways. Since we came home I havent had luck with getting her to sleep on her own. I would put her in and every night I was up for hours and hours, one night not going to bed until 4 a.m. Sad to say, even though im terrified, shes been sleeping in the bed with me. I would be much more fine with that, if my two yr. old was not also in my bed. I just get so exhausted because im also breast feeding, and that goes into another question entirely. I need help asap. Living with my mom, have a two yr old in my room with me, so letting her cry it out in the bassinet is not an option, otherwise my son will wake up, and I have to lay down with him to put him to bed. HELP!

shannonrenee09

Asked by shannonrenee09 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there room for a small mattress or padding set up on the floor for the two year old? You could get him a sleeping bag to make it fun or colorful sheets so he wants to sleep there. That way it frees up the bed for the baby. Just an idea..........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• have you tried playing music DH and I had the same problem till finally we started listening to his mp3 cell phone and lo and behold DD calmed down and fell asleep
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 9:13 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Try making sure she's full and clean and law her down slowly and not to jolt her. Or try making i sleeping area on the floor for your son.
    LuvMommysBabies

Answer by LuvMommysBabies at 10:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2011