What is the ideal age for the disney vacation?

We hope to only go once - we want to wait until he is old enough to surely remember it - without being old enough to think it is baby stuff.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 6:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Seven maybe?
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 6:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• 4 years old
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I think our two were 6 and 9. They both remember it and they really could enjoy it
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I don't think there is an ideal age, for Disney can be enjoyed at SEVERAL age levels. We took DD to Disneyland when she was 2, and she LOVED IT. It was fascinating for her. We'll take her again when DS is 3 and she is 7. They will both have a fabulous time, I am positive. When they are both older, we'll probably plan the big Disney WORLD trip. It's a place that can be enjoyed at ALL age levels. :) :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Also......you might want to check the height requirements for the rides so they can go on a lot of them
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• does anyone know the height req. for rides? or age range of kids that were big enough - how many big rollercoasters/ rides for adults are there?
    AmaliaD

Comment by AmaliaD (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• 6-7, I think. :) We went when my son was 6 and again the next year. I'd love to go again, but he's 20 now....lol...he doesn't want to go there with me anymore....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• When we went to DLand, my 2 yo fit on every ride except Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, the Train roller coaster, and Indiana Jones. Disneyland has a lot of rides catered to kids.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• We took ours this past Christmas, and our son was 4 and our daughter was 2. They really enjoyed themselves.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 8:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2011