Kids with medical issues.

need to know some ways to deal with it on my own now that im doing it on my own. i have 4 kids and my middle two are twins they were born early they werent even suppose to survive. my son has medical issues and i used to have their dad to help me cope but now i have noone its hard to deal with anyways to help?

MandiBaby

Asked by MandiBaby at 7:06 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• A support group might be helpful momma.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• ive tried that for awhile but it didnt really help any just made my worries worse.
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Oh....I'm sorry.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i just dont know what to do i'm young and have no idea how to deal with this stuff
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Have you tried talking to his doctors? They may be able to help you.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My grandson is very medically fragile. It wasn't the number of kids just the amount of work he takes each day that threatened to overwhelm me. I found great support in my church. We had a group of volunteers that would sign up for time shifts to help. Actually, how they helped the most was Helping my GD get herself dressed and then throwing a load of laundry in or loading the dishes. I could then concentrate on all the things I have to do everyday...just to get the day started. I do have my husband, but he is at work when it is time to get them going. He helps as much as he can. Do you have a church, or even a civic group you can appeal to for help?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i have they are the ones that got me into the support group
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• its not really the help i need i just cant deal with it emotionally i mean when i put him to bed at night i cry im just so worried all the time and when my other kids get sick it scares me cuz when he gets sick he has to be hospitalized im just afraid im gonna lose him.
    MandiBaby

Comment by MandiBaby (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Could you talk to a church pastor or join a ladies' group at church for support?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Mandibaby, we are here for you. And I strongly recommend that you speak with a social worker at the hospital. In my area we have a program called "Medical Home for children with Special Needs". It is a team of people who care for the children with all kinds of special needs: developmental and congenital problems, "regular" medical issues like diabetes or asthma...just kids who need more than their regular pediatrician. It is "free" and accepts any kind of insurance. Maybe there is something like that near you. God Bless.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2011