how do i potty trian my 2 year old?

it's so hard for me to potty train my daughter when i try to put her on her toilet she freaks out. please help!

moniqua1503

Asked by moniqua1503 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just try her for a short while each day ,maybe you can get her a really girly potty and make it her special wee wee poo poo seat ,its so hard . my little one wont sit on the potty at all and she keeps saying wee wee just so she can wipe herself with the tissue she likes the routine of doing that and flushing the chain ,the amount of times I am up and down the stairs with her is unbelievable and she still pees on the floor lol.....
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Use a kids potty, not the toilet as it's obviously scaring her. Use the potty yourself in front of her "monkey see, monkey do" and let her get down and watch. When she starts sitting on the potty praise her for trying and just say over & over "wee wee potty" or "poo poo potty: When she does successfully use the potty do a happy dance & lots' of high fives and give her a piece of chocolate. This method took me 2 weeks and my daughter is not even two.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 7:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• my daughter refuses to use the toddler or training potty. I finally broke down and got her one of those seats that you put on the adult potty for little kids. she loves it and it is super cushy, she will go willingly but has a fit if i try to get her to use her other potty. the seat is hard and cold and she just plain hates it.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:04 AM on Nov. 30, 2008