Anyone have experience of breech births?

What happened? How was it?

kayalouise

Asked by kayalouise at 7:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a breech-positioned baby but I moved her and delivered vertex.
    My midwives attend breech births though~
    And of course there are lots of things moms can do if they want to turn their baby. Do you want to turn yours?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I have no experience but my baby is currently breech and might be attempting one if he doesn't turn.
    crgarcia294

Answer by crgarcia294 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• here is a site for you http://www.spinningbabies.com/ .  Breech Vaginal birth is very possible but you have to find the right midwife for it.  The best care for a women in breech labor is hands off, mother moves in the positions she wants(not tied to monitors on a bed) and no directed pushing.  The midwife I had does breech and so does her back up midwife.  I myself didn't have any breech.  If you go to that spinning babies site there is even techniques to get the baby to turn.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:44 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My daughter was breech, and I opted to have to turned versus a c-section. It ended up going very well, 3 pushes(on the abdomin) and 15 minutes later she was rotated in the right position.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 7:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I ended up having a c-section
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Good luck with whatever you decide. That being said my son was breech up until 11 days before his due date. I was scheduled to try to turn him on the day he was born. 11 days before he was due he turned on his own and at 5 am I woke up to my water leaking and delivered at 3:30 pm after about 3 hours of transition.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I turned him using tips at http://www.spinningbabies.com/.

Anonymous