He is getting ready to come home, and I want to do something special....

As some of you may read previous posts, I have been seeing a friend in the hospital, whose been diagnosed with Bipolar. He's been getting proper treatment, and we both can't wait for him to come home. I want to do something special with him, without the kids, but what should we do, and how long should we wait from when he gets home?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Nothing over stimulating. He might feel like you are trying too hard, and that may make him feel uneasy. I think it would be best to try and make things as normal as possible. Maybe just a simple date night.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I would take it easy. Do something like a picnic lunch and a walk at a park. He may be feeling kindof "touchy", so I would avoid alot of crowds or anything stressfull. It would probably be nice for him just to be with you and talk about things.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It is spring so maybe buy him some herbs for his window. A focus on something positive might be good.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 7:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Oh I am sorry. I thought you were asking about what to get him as a present.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 7:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• LOL 2tiny, I was wondering what you were talking about =P
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• He has been saying he wants to go to DC to go to the museums there, because we both love that kind of stuff. Or the Aquarium in Baltimore, but idk if that would be okay, this will be the first time we've hung out since we were little kids
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I would stay close to home . . . you don't really know how well he handles things . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• good idea! thanks [=
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 8:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• take him out to dinner and maybe see a movie. do it a day or two after he comes home form the hospital becasue he may not want to do anything after being released.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 11:09 AM on Apr. 4, 2011