What happens when YOU get sick?

Currently the sickest I've been in a while. Sore throat, congestion, body aches all over and getting chills....fun!! But the hubby is a police officer and works odd hours, so it's just me and my 2 year old and 8 month old right now! It's hard work taking care of babies when you're sick, right??? So just wondering, as moms, do we not even get sick days anymore? What happens when you get sick?

cdecker83

Asked by cdecker83 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Health

• Face, meet carpet. I just lay around and do my best with my children. Hope ya feel better.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 7:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• When I get sick, I still do everything except i'm in a horrible mood all day!
    TuckyGirl

Answer by TuckyGirl at 7:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• when i'm sick it's just like any other day lol.....i just have to deal with it. the only exception was when i threw out my back and literally couldn't move (imagine me crawling to the bathroom screaming like a banshee........not pretty). my husband did take off work for 2 days then. i am happy because it would have been impossible for me to take care of 3 little kids when it took me 1/2 hour to get out of bed. it was torture....hope that never happens again!

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• If I have to watch them I just do my best and worry about everything else when I get better. A couple months ago I was so sick and when I started feeling better I felt like I had been asleep for days. The house was a wreck, laundry was piled up and I was surprised anyone was still alive lol. I am lucky though when I really need help my in laws are just up the road and so is my 21 yr old dd. They do help when its real bad.

Answer by gemgem at 7:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I still take care of my kids just as when I'm well. The only thing that really changes is not much else gets done. Laundry will start to back up if it's more than a couple of days and hubby gets to help with dishes at least when he's off work.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It's the same as always, I just yell more and move less...
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 7:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• What happens?? you still got to take care of the kids, and unless you are unconscious the kids need tending to, yeah it sucks to be sick and a mom!

Answer by older at 7:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Of course when Mom is sick all normal child-related duties continue. When a dad is sick, he wants to lie in bed and whine and sleep. That's how it happens at my house anyway.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 8:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I try to suck it up, but if I'm dyin, I ask someone to help me out.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• DH is usually able to be around - biggest perk of owning your own "home based" business is picking your own hours. He also works my job for me (mail delivery) if I'm too sick.
    Anonymous