How young is to young to potty train?

annie610

Asked by annie610 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I agree, I think you need to let you kids lead the way when it comes to potty training. My oldest was trained by 18 months because he really showed interest and wanted to do it, plus he talked very well. My middle one was a little over 2 when he was trained and my baby was the same. I think if they can't really talk to you and they can't really walk then it will be very hard to potty train.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• before they know when they need to go potty and are able to make it there on their own.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I am an ECE and I would definatly agree with the other ladies. They need to show an interest, be able to communicate, be physically ready and developmentally ready. I would say try it out if you think your child is ready and give it a couple weeks and if your babe isnt making any progress then try again in a little while. Good Luck :)
    firsttimer338

Answer by firsttimer338 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I say between 1-2 is to young..But Ive heard of many people being successful with there little ones at that age. : )
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• as soon as they show interest is good enough
    Jazbel

Answer by Jazbel at 1:26 AM on Apr. 4, 2011