Getting Married (again) in Sept.

My husband and I have been married 3 years and had gotten married in the courts and my husband came to me yesterday and asked me if he thinks we can pull a wedding together by Sept:) I AM SO EXCITED! I have already started the guest list, picked colors, place, food, bar, music lol Anyhow, I have a few questions...
How long before the wedding do you send the invite? Do you think I should truly leave people off the guest list if I don't want them there? I think so. I really do not want to invite my older brother, but my husband says its not just a simple oversight and would hurt him... :/
Also, I have 2 really good friends, but I have already picked which one I want to be my maid of honor. The other will be a brides maid, but I think she will be butthurt-how do I deal with that?
Any other advice would be super!!

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 8:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Send a save the date in June, invites at least one full month in advance. And yes it probably would hurt to leave out your brother, I hope whatever is causing you to not want to invite him can be overseen, weddings should be a family affair and you might regret it later if you leave him out...
    Your friends should be grown ups and be honored to be asked in the first place, I would not worry so much about that.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Invites should go out about 6 weeks beforehand. Have two maids/matrons of honor. I have seen it a couple of times. Enjoy!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Its not a big wedding at all its very small (not that I should have to justify it to you) and because we never got to have one....duh.
    We saved money for a long time for a house which was more important with our 3 kids. Now the wedding...
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i think a small wedding with just family and friends because a real big wedding means gifts
    if you renew your vows every 10 or 20yrs would be better then every 3yrs
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• We never had vows to begin with so there are none to renew. It wasnt even a judge that married us it was the clerk of the court. Its not to renew and it is a small wedding. No one seems to be getting it.
    Its small with only family and friends since we are funding our own wedding.
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Not being mean but what's the point of this? Why not just renew your vows instead of having a big wedding since you have been married for years?
    Anonymous