To leave or not to leave?

I lived at my own place until my second sons father left me when I told him I was pregnant. I was working part time, and eventually got evicted and moved back to moms and have been here for about 7 months. I'm not getting anywhere in life living at my mothers house with two children. I can't stand her, she's just a bitter old bitch and I don't want my kids in this environment. I need some tips on how to get on my feet and be on my own. I've weighed out a lot of options, so dont give me stupid bullshit like save money and wait (FUCK THAT takes too long).

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 8:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• Xmama . . . . I am really hoping that you can refocus. Despite how your mom is, you and your kids have a roof over your head right now, and that is something to truly give thanks for. I know, for a fact, that there have been other CafeMommers who would have given anything to have a place to move into with their kids . . . . there was just one last week. She had noplace to go,
    So, please see yourself as blessed.
    Beyond that, it might help to visit your local housing authority to see if there are any programs you can sign up for. ANother option would be a rent a few rooms from a single mom of kids, also . . . you could split the bills and it will be less expensive.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• hope u thanked your mom for crashing at her place...
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• You don't want to hear get a job, save money and move. Then what do you want? How about, live in a cardboard box? Your car? Go to a homeless shelter? Apply for housing assistance and hope you get it within the next 3 years?

Of course, the best advice is to GET A JOB, SAVE MONEY and MOVE OUT.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Don't know how you can do it without saving money for your own place. Any friends willing to help?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Well.... I can see why she is bitchy and bitter.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Well, its not because of me, she's always been like that. I'm trying to get the fuck out of her house, not stay in it. I feel bad staying here as it is.
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Not real sure what to offer here. You don't really seem open to suggestions. Good luck I guess
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Try your/local churches.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I am sorry to hear you in this situation. There seems to be a lot going on. First try to be positiv. No matter how you mom is at least you have a roof over yu haed and for you kids as well. Homeless shelter would be worse that that, so be happy about that. Bysides saving money haveing a job, maybe even 2 I dont know what to tell you, if a friend is not willing to take you in or other family member then what do you wanna hear?
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 11:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I agree with ImaginationMama! It's time to refocus and be blessed. It will just make you work that much harder to try and get out. I know it has to be hard living with someone that is not very pleasant but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to have a roof over your head. Just remember, you are blessed to have a place to go and not be living in a shelter, which is a place where your kids DON'T need to be.

Put yourself on a budget and put that money back to find a place on your own. I'm sure there are some kind of organizations that can help single moms out there. Do some calling around to churches and see what you can find out.

I wish you the best of luck!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2011