Weight gain

I exercise regularly, and have not had any changes in my eating habits (except for drinking a lot more water and a lot less soda recently). I quit smoking about two months ago, but am not eating more because of it.

Why am I gaining weight so quickly? I have gained at least 30lbs in the last year.

BGrieger

Asked by BGrieger at 8:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• If you're really concerned see a doctor. It also might be your body telling you that you're too thin.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Yes, have your yearly labs done . . . make sure that includes you thyroid.

Our metabolisms also slow down as we age. :(
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I am definitely not too thin. I am only 5'2'' and weigh around 170lbs. I look best around 120lbs, but have not been that size in nearly three years. I exercise about 5 days a week, at least an hour a day and eat fairly healthily. (I did recently find out I was eight weeks pregnant, but that has nothing to do with the weight gain before two months ago.)
    BGrieger

Comment by BGrieger (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Maybe it was time to up the intensity of your workouts (obviously before you found out you were pregnant). The body adapts to what we're doing, so we constantly have to change I up some, and keep our body guessing. Easier said than done! Keep exercising and eating right through your pregnancy to keep your weight loss to a healthy level, and then you can work toward a healthy goal afterward. Congrats on the pregnancy, and good luck!! :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Are you gaining muscle?
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 2:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• maybe your workouts and diet arent right for you specifically. check out sparkpeople.com its free and they give you meal plans and workouts.
    the key to working out is to do different things each day because if your body gets used to the workouts then you won't loose weight.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2011