Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to go to a fertility specialist but i dont have insurance.

Will the fertility doctor see me if i dont have insurance?

Answer Question

Asked by HeartBroken21 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Probably not, but you should probably be working on getting insurance before getting pregnant anyway. You might try talking with the regular gynecologist at the health department though.

    Answer by Kimebs at 2:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

  • It's unlikely that they would see you, I would recommend insurance if you're TTC, I understand if you can't afford it but you never know when you might need it during your pregnancy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

  • I agree with the other answers. I would try to get some kind of insurance first. You will need it after you get pregnant anyways. How long have you been trying to conceive? I really hope everything works out for you

    Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

  • I agree with everyone else. They def. wont see you without insurance.

    But what im actually wondering is, you cant even afford an insurance (otherwise you would have one), how will you be able to afford a child?!

    I hope everything will work out for you though.

    Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

  • I just read your profile.

    it says you lost your baby (miscarriage?!) last year. That means you actually are only TTC since 1 year. and with the problem that you cant get over the loss you will have a hard time getting pregnant again. your body and your mind is not ready for a new baby yet.

    Always remember that you can not replace your first baby. and until you are not over your loss you shouldnt try to get pregnant again. You should go and get help for yourself.

    Like i just said, your body doesnt seem to be ready yet. And when i had a miscarriage 7years ago my OBGYN told me to wait at least 1-2 years before i would TTC again, because thats the time your body needs to recover and heal.

    Good luck.

    Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

  • How does someone "get over" the death of a child? You don't, it hurts less with time but you never just get over it. Your body only needs a couple of months to heal. Although emotionally she might needs years. Most health insurance doesnt cover pregnancy anyway, never mind fertility treatments. Try an acupunturist or other alturnitive therapy. They can help with fertility problems. Good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

  • my insurance didn't cover any of the cost of my fertility treatments, so they probably didn't care if i had it or not. i had to pay out of pocket each time i went. luckily, my fourth round of iui worked, so all told it cost about $3500.00 for us to conceive our twins. good luck! you definitely will need insurance once you get pregnant, though.

    Answer by tstep972 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.