Opinions on Boy names

My husband and I are expecting our first son late July and cant come to a decisison as far as names. Here are some names that we are considering: Caleb, Kaden
( pronounced Kay-Den), Camden, and Kenley. I really like names that begin with a "K". I wanted opinions as to which of these names, if any, should we go with or drop. Obviously hubby and I will make the final decisison but I wanted other's opinions.

Also, if it matters at all, our daughters are named Kalani and
Kaleia (pronounced Ka-Lei-A). Thank you to those who take the time to reply.

Mommyx2BG

Asked by Mommyx2BG at 8:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Baby Names

• Cute, but very trendy. I know a lot of Calebs.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Yea, I'm not liking Caleb at all, that was my husband's suggestion.
    Mommyx2BG

Comment by Mommyx2BG (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Out of those Kaden is my favorite.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I think Kenley sounds more like a girls name. I like all the others.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Thanks MizLee, Kaden is my favorite.
    Mommyx2BG

Comment by Mommyx2BG (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I have a kaden- so I pick that lol
    But..
    I love the name keilen sounds like key-lyn
    My bf named her son that it had to grow on me I didnt like at first now I love it
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Kaleb or Kale would go well with your girls' names, since they start with Kal.

Kenley to me is a girl name. You could spell Camden with a K. Kamden. Kaden is very popular. My son is Cayden pronounced the same. I would change it if I could. We put together names we liked and got Cayden. We thought it was different. Boy were we wrong.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 8:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Kaden
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 8:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Honestly, none of these appeal to me. I'm a big fan of a standard name spelled in the normal fashion. Caleb is fairly common , it just doesn't do anything for me. I had cousins who all shared the same initials because their mother was also hung up on giving them names with the same first letter. They all hated it.
    Good luck with the baby, I wish you and your family good fortune and great health.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 9:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Are you looking for unusual names here? If you like like names starting with K there are Kris, Karl, Kody, Kieth, Keven, Kyle , Kenny, or Kent. Unusual or less common K names could include Kaden, Kaleb, Kallan, Kale, Kasen, Kade or even Keaton. Speaking as a person who was born to a couple of ex-hippies, I wish I could have been given a more usual name. I soon lived solely for the day I could change my name legally and not have to cringe when I heard my name spoken. You might like the fact that it sounds unusual or different, but remember that the boy will have to have that name all through school and all the possible teasing that will follow him. My suggestion is not to go with anything too unusual or trendy, cause trends change... but names... names follow you all your life.
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 9:01 PM on Apr. 3, 2011