Birthday / Semi-Retirement Party Ideas ?

Hi All ... I'm going to be 50 in Sept and my birthday present to me is that I am quitting my job and working my home biz only!
Soooo, since this is a double milestone for me, I want to have a fun and unique party!

Here is a bit about me to give you some ideas to help personalize this a bit.
I am a young and athletic 49, wife, mom, grandma , volunteer firefighter and emergency response trainer. My current job is office mgr, but will be doing only my home busines after Sept. Adventurous, loves camping, hiking, gardening, bowling, working out.
Not big into country or rap music and dont' mind experimenting with food, but for meat, I like to stick with the basics, beef, pork, and chicken or shrimp. Love all fruits and veggies.

Looking for themes, decor, food, drink and party game ideas ... whatcha got for me ? lol

MaryJacobs

Asked by MaryJacobs at 8:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Entertainment

• i would do a theme party .. for example a luau, a country western, a holly wood theme, a 80's .. something that is fun. ask guest to participate and come dressed accordingly.. i am really good at this kind of stuff . friends usually come to me for ideas. so if you want email me and i can help.

MominCa

Answer by MominCa at 8:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• you could have a huge cookout since it's gonna be in sept. that would be fun
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Lets see you could have wait what is the weather like where you are? You could have a sea food party with a fruit salad and it could have the out door them drinks i'm not sure what you would like with sea food. If you dont like that you could still keep the out door them and have B.B.Q chicken with different kinds of salads. Hope you like some of my ideas i hope they are helpful. If i think of more i let you know. Have fun and let us know how it turns out for you.
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Thanks all .. I live in Oregon, so the weather is iffy ... it's warm during the days, but once the sun goes down, it get pretty cool. Lots of great suggestions, gives me some ideas to work on.

MominCa .. thanks for giving me to option to contact you! ;-)
    MaryJacobs

Comment by MaryJacobs (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2011