How old?

How od are babies when they start to crawl??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it depends on the baby. with my first he didn't start to crawl until after he started walking (which was at 12mo). the second could crawl at 5 or 6 mo. the third could crawl around 6 mo. crawling is not a milestone....they don't have to crawl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My daughter was 4 and a half months when she started crawling but my son didn't until he was 8 months old. Just depends...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 8:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Depends on the child and the parents both. A good parent will always help the child along, lifting them up on all fours to help them begin to strengthen those muscles before the crawling actually begins. Also encouraging your child with their favorite toy or treat will do wonders for getting them to begin crawling forward to reach them. Some kids will crawl earlier than others though, it sort of depends on how independent, fit and motivated the child is to begin crawling.
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 9:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• My oldest walked around 7 months, never crawled
    Middle child walked at 8 mos, never crawled.

It will vary from kid to kid...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• between 6-8 months.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Depends on the baby, of course, but my almost 8 month old is just about to start.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 12:56 AM on Apr. 4, 2011