No more sleep?

My three month old son used to go to sleep around 8pm or 9pm and not wake up until 4am or 5am for a bottle. He also used to take 1 to 2 hour naps during the day. About a week ago no matter what I do he will not go to sleep at night. I swaddle him, I rock him, I give him a Binky, I play his music box. Nothing works, the minute he falls asleep I will put him in his crib and no sooner does his head hit, he is awake screaming. He had an ear infection last week and was on antibiotic for the 10 days. Could that be still causing problems? Also his 1 to 2 hour naps went to 20 minutes tops but you can tell he is still sleepy. I try to let him just cry it out but he gets so upset he starts coughing and I am afraid he is going to make himself sick. He drinks 8oz before bed and doesn't want anymore so I don't think hunger is the problem. I just need help!!

amhartman0131

Asked by amhartman0131 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take him back to the doctor for an ear infection re-check. Sometimes, amoxicillin just doesn't do the trick, and the ear hurts worse when laying down to sleep.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• is he teething, sometimes that ruins their sleep too???
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 9:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Very well could be the ears yet.
    Anonymous

• I don't see any teeth or feel anything. I gave him some Tylenol to see if that helps, because you never know if something hurts and they can't tell me :'(
    amhartman0131

Comment by amhartman0131 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• He had pink eye with the ear infection and after 10 days on Amoxicillin the pink eye didn't go away, so i assumed that the ear infection didn't either. So the doctors put him on a strong Amoxicillin for another 10 days. So that's 20 days on Amoxicillin. The pink eye went away but I am going to call the doctors tomorrow and see what they say because we all really need some sleep. He had an ear infection in both ears and his twin sister had an ear infection in her left ear but she is sleeping fine.
    amhartman0131

Comment by amhartman0131 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Stomach issues from all the medicine.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• It could be something as simple as a growth spurt. Mine always had crazy sleeping patterns around spurts.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• @ pookiekins34 I was thinking that too. I made him an appointment for today at 5:20pm. I noticed last night that if I had him propped up he would sleep so I just put him in bed with me. I don't care if that is a bad thing. He needs sleep and so do I and he slept for 3 hours and that's the most he has slept in a week. @Jademom07 He went threw that at around 1 1/2 months so I know what that is like. But he isn't drinking anymore than usual he is actually drink less.
    amhartman0131

Comment by amhartman0131 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Apr. 4, 2011