To the ex-smokers...HELP

I really want to quit smoking. The problem is that since having my son, my anxiety level goes through the roof if I don't have a pack of smokes with me. I have a very real physical reaction and can not function when I run out of cigarettes. The anxiety of not having the cigarettes is worse than the anxiety of not being able to smoke when I want to.

Any ideas on relieving this anxiety and helping me truly give up the smoking? I have taken Chantix and it was not good for me. I have taken Zyban/Welbutrin and it did not work. I bought one of those electronic cigarettes and can't stand the thing. I've tried going cold turkey countless times and have never succeeded. I have tried tapering the amount I get per day and even enlisting my hubby to control my smoke allowance per day....nothing has worked for me. I know that my willpower is close to non-existant.

ElenaC419

Asked by ElenaC419 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Health

• There are different kinds of e-cigs....maybe the one you tried was cheap and icky? My mom loves hers! www.cignot.com
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Will power is the majority of what you need to quit smoking. I quit cold turkey 6 yrs ago the first couple of weeks is the hardest,I had nothing to help me at all.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• ask yourself IF YOU REALLY WANT TO
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• as stated in my question....I REALLY WANT TO QUIT SMOKING
    ElenaC419

Comment by ElenaC419 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011