How to become a teacher in Florida

Hi everyone!

I have a bachelor and master degree of pedagogy and educational management from Sofia University in Bulgaria. I want to know what I have to do to become a teacher in Florida.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• I am a certified teacher in FL, but have become certified with a 4 year degree. You have to take 3 test, General Knowledge, Professional Teaching Exam, and Subject Area exam.

But, a school can hire you on with a temp. certificate, and within one year you will have to complete either courses or workshops to gain a real certification.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I hate to tell you, but I don't think credits from a Bulgarian University are going to transfer, but you never know. You will have to go back to University for a US certificate.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2008