What do you think about Spontaneous Human Combustion?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL...I wish my MIL would get a case of it :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• GrnEyedGrandma I've never seen this side of you....tooo funny.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I have watched several documentaries/"research" shows on the subject and still don't have a clear understanding. Yes I do believe it can happen. I do not know how or why though.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I'm all for it...I've been trying to get people to combust with the power of my stare for years. No luck so far.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 9:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• it's really hot.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 9:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• ROFL at Grn's comment hehe! But to answer your question, I am not convinced on the matter however I do know how the body temperature rises but the science behind the idea doesn't match from what I have read
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Scared to answer saying I do not believe in Spontaneous Human Combustion. Might burst into flames.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I'm skeptical, though I haven't really looked into any of the information on it...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Ah! Now I get it! Picture this... another family dinner get-together and Dad starts one of his rants again- this one about proof positive that there are aliens that have visited the earth because he has a glow in the dark wrist watch! Suddenly Angie stands up from the table opposite him, her hands digging into the wood of the dinning table. She fixes him with "the LOOK", something I always took for annoyance, anger or even contempt- But now I get it! My sister was going for the whole Spontaneous Human Combustion thing! So far though, all she's made disappear is the hair from the top of his head! That intense look of hers, a puff of smoke, and the room is filled with the smell of burning hair! Keep trying Sis, keep trying...
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 10:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Hairspray can light up easily. I read a novel based in Germany about children going missing in a fairy tale like town. However, the first thing happening in the book was an elderly female relative being pushy and taking over the lighting of candles in a religious ceremony. Her hair was up in a bun and so stiff in its layers of spray, that her it caught on fire, and took the rest of her too.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 10:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2011