I HATE dating..Ahh

So i am a single mom and I have two kids and my mom recently suggested that maybe I try a few dating sites, i wasnt really up for it but my curiosity got the best of me..especially after she paid for a subscription to eharmony.

So i've been searching..and looking and every guy that i like doesnt want someone with two kids. I' m like..well i appreciate your honesty.

Its so frustrating! Ahh. But maybe Im just not ready for the whole datin scene again. The last man i was with for over a year and hes the father of my youngest. Its been really hard and I am just ready to settle down ,get married and have a real family. No more BullCrap or anything..

is that too much to ask for? lol

SweetPoison

Asked by SweetPoison at 9:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Dating is like going to the dentist sometimes slow and painful other times short and sweet and most of the time non evasive. lol its so much fun
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Well it isn't too much to ask for, but good luck in getting it! I am a single mom and it's rare to meet someone who wants to BEGIN a relationship with someone who already has children (young children) -- but to them I say GOOD RIDDANCE and it's their loss! I have raised the bar so high -- because you cant be too careful about who you bring into your kids lives -- that probably NO-ONE would pass the test!!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Be patient! :) I thought the same thing, that no one would want me with a young child. I was totally wrong, there are guys out there that will love your kids!! Good luck :)
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 9:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• When I finally quit looking someone came around when I had three small kids. He was great but I found out I don't like being married to anyone. Maybe if you stop looking your prince will arrive

Answer by admckenzie at 9:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• no so stop looking mom is just helping you out she hates to see little girl work so hard and get nothing out of life
    but maybe you can tell her that you love your life just the way it is
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• no thats not to much to ask for but at the same time you have to date in order for all that to happen.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• No, it's not too much to ask for, but you have to remember, meeting up with someone is already nerve wracking. Then to find out she has "baggage" makes it even more difficult. No I don't mean to downplay children as baggage, but it's a lot to handle. How will they fit into this ready made family? Will the children always come first and does he have a say so in the discipline of the children? It's hard. You have to find someone who's mature and ready to accommodate that scenario. Wait...be patient. Define yourself and what makes you happy and the man will come along when you're least expecting it. Good luck! :)

Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 1:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• I have actually found an incrediable man. He's unbeleiveably perfect for me. He has his own children and we have alot of the same values and stuff. We've been talking for over a week almost all day and we're meeting up easter weekend. I am really excited. We're both exteremly hopeful this could be it :)
    SweetPoison

Comment by SweetPoison (original poster) at 2:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2011