Is this a bfp, or evap line, how can one tell???

Ok, I am either 11/12 dpo I took a test 2 days ago and it was neg. I took another one this morning, when i looked at it it looked neg. I went on with making breakfast, then had to use the bathroom, upon further inspection of the test there is a faint +, could this be my BFP? Or is it an evap line? how do you know the difference....I plan to test again either tonight, or in the morning...please share your thoughts on this, thanks!

I AM POSTING A PIC OF THE TEST ON MY PROFILE RIGHT NOW.

Additional Details
The test has a 10 minute window...i looked at it fist 2 minutes after taking it...then the 2nd time was at about 10 minutes after taking it...

I actually took the test apart a few moments ago, and the dye made it all the way across to the other end of the strip inside...so maybe it's a very early positive? I really don't know what to think.. I took this E.P.T. brand this morning...took a First response an hour ago, and it said neg. Could the EPT brand be more sensitive then the First response? Sorry for all the questons...I just really don't know.

The picture I am uploading is really hard to see...like i said it's a very faint line...and I'm not sure how to get a "good" picture, it keeps getting blurry.

one_lonely_mama

Asked by one_lonely_mama at 9:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• If you saw the line AFTER the time limit states, then it's an evap line.

There is a reason for the time limit. If you didn't see a line within the recomendation, it's a false positive.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Try taking it again in the morning...Good luck!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Blue Dye test or notorious for evaporation lines, I would say if it within the 10min time frame it is a positive

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I do realize that there is a time limit, but im not sure when the line appeared...i checked it after 2 minutes, but the instructions say up to 10 minutes...and i had to use the facilities again in the 10 minutes and happened to take a second look, and there is a very faint blue line. I would test again in the morning, but sadly I don't have any more tests...just going to have to wait. Thanks again!
    one_lonely_mama

Comment by one_lonely_mama (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Just to give u a ray of hope I had the same thing happen to me except I looked at it after a min or two and nada , the next day i saw the test in the trash as I was gettiing ready to take it out and there was a second line, I got another test and that one turned positive within 30 seconds so good luck, hope you get the BFP that you want for sure.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• looked at the pic and I have been testing because there was a chance I was preggo even thought I am not TTC right now....I was getting lines like that, that were way light and my friend who is an RN told me they looked more like evaps and were too faint to call a positive...then last night I took two more.....(keep in mind I have been taking the same brand) I watched lines form as the dye went across them and I thought, "OMG." But then they went away....so I took a FR this morning and it's negative...Thank God...but maybe yours is positive....I just do not trust blue dye tests....GL though!!!
    kaeleighalexis

Answer by kaeleighalexis at 10:10 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Thanks for all your comments, I was hoping , but now I'm thinking not so much, I'm having some slight craming in my right side... Think af is coming... :(
    one_lonely_mama

Comment by one_lonely_mama (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Hello everyone, still no show from af, but my test this am was neg. Really don't know what tio think.............. :(
    one_lonely_mama

Comment by one_lonely_mama (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2011

• I am in the same boat right now! I have been feeling "funny" the last couple weeks so I took 2 of the Equate blue dye tests and got positives right way. Later in the afternoon I took a FR and got a neg. I took another FR at 6am today and got a very very lght positive after 2-3 mins. The line has almost disappeared now that it has been almost 5 hrs since testing. I am pretty sure it's a positive but I guess I will have to wait and see. Oh and with all of my pregnancies I felt like I was going to start around the time AF was due all the way through t0 8 wks, so it your test could still be a bfp! GL! :)
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• And the answer is NEGATIVE..... :( AF snuck up on me in the middle of the night...o well, maybe next month ;)
    one_lonely_mama

Comment by one_lonely_mama (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011