12 weeks pregnant and bleeding?

im having some bleeding but now cramping or pain what so ever. i dont want to look crazy if i go to the doctor making noise when everything is okay. one of my cousins told me she was bleeding during her 9 months of pregnancy, but what i want to know is whats the cause and should i go to the ER? im olny feeling a bit bloated and having some very light bleeding but im not even feeling it running down, what could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would def go to the dr. you can't be too careful
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Who cares if you look crazy or not as long as your baby is safe. You can call the hospital and speak with a nurse or midwife and they can give you some advice on what to do also, I would go to the hospital to be on the safe side.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I'd call your OB and see what he/she wants you to do. I know if it were me I wouldn't make it very long without wanting to go to the ER to get checked out.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Go...I had that at 9wks everything was okay, but I'm glad I went just in case you never know!!!
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 10:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I had it at 5-8wks, it was a subchronic hemorrhage. It's important to call your physician regardless, it doesn't matter if you think it will make you look crazy, the doctors are there to help you.

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 10:23 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Do not worry about what others think. You want a safe, healthy and happy baby. I would call the Dr. and see what they think, or I would a nurse (they usually have some on call for things) and ask. Better safe than sorry......after all this is a person you are carrying and if someone carrying you had had this problem, you would want them to do what was best for you. Often times it's nothing major, but you need to go.
    GiGito1SoFar

Answer by GiGito1SoFar at 11:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I bled a little bit for a few hours when I was about 12 weeks along as well, it really freaked me out, I called my mom... and she told me that it was really normal, she spotted throughout her whole pregnancy with me. I didnt go to a doc, I stopped bleeding, and now at 25 weeks prego everything is totally ok. I really think going to the doc depends on you. If you stop bleeding within 24 hrs and its light with no pain or cramping, then I think you are okay. But if anything changes, go to the doc. Or, if it makes you feel better, go. Better to be safe than sorry!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I would go to the ER to be sure. I would not be able to function until I knew things were okay.
    Anonymous

• you cant ever be to careful, i would go the the doctor or the ER... just to make sure. its not going to hurt...
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 2:04 AM on Apr. 4, 2011