What are your biggest challenges as a parent?

What are the biggest problems you've had or are having with your kids? Have you found anything that has helped you find a solution?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• actually getting off your rump and enforcing what you are telling your kids. like "don't touch that ----" the child doesnt stop so you have to get up and physically stop them.

Also, controlling your anger and natural impulse to retaliate. you really have to train yourself that this little person is just a CHILD.....as they are biting the snarch out of your arm!!!!! lol

and i mean controling your anger so that when you do get up and enforce your words, you arent so angry you beat them!
    alleaeon

Answer by alleaeon at 10:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I think my biggest problem is getting frustrated when she is either whinny or deliberately not listening to me. She is 17 months old, so sometimes I have to tell myself she is still little, take a deep breath and try not to take things either personally or too seriously. Like if I want to changer her diaper and she is running away, I try to remember this is fun for her, that's all she knows, I try to realize it's not the end of the world if i don't' get this done int 30 seconds and have some fun with her, like let her run for a minute without one.
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 10:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Raising a son without a father. I mean, raising a daughter without a father is hard too, but I was a daughter without a mother, and having that father/son mother/daughter connection is so invaluable. I didn't want my kids to have to miss out on that. Also, my daughter is just...challenging. I love her to death, but she's always been a wild child and not only is she a wild child, she's also a very unlucky one.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2011