How do I get rid of Fruitflies

My kitchen is not dirty at all. I have a few dishes in my sink but nothing rotten or anything nasty and i have fruitflies everywhere and they really gross me out . Is there anyone who can tell me how to make these little nat looking things to go away????

Asked by sweetkrissy at 2:37 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.. its been a couple months now i've bleached everything the kitchen the bathroom, i've don't so many things.. they just wont go away!!

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• take the trash out every day. clean you sink, make sure its not too hot in the kitchen and dont leave any fruits outside (outside of the fridge).make sure you didnt drop anything under the cabinets ect.

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• ugh I hate fruitflies they are so bad in the summer. I have had the sticky stuff hanging from the ceiling to catch them many times. There is some homemade ingredient recipes to put in jars and it traps them.

Answer by Crystal42683 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I take a small disposable cup and add a bit of wine or apple cider vinegar, I think any kind of sweet juice will work. I set it on my window sill and they fly into their death.
    I live in wine country, so we have this problem every fall. It's frustrating.

Answer by nwdeserangel at 3:19 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Thanks to every ones answers thats awesome advice im deff gonna try all of them,..... thanks alot u guys are aggravation savers LMBO

• A cup of coffee always seems to capture them. Leave one out and they will gravitate towards it.

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2008