Mommies!!! Read Me!!!

Ah, how we love to talk about our kids. They are the sun, the moon, and stars to us mothers. Their accomplishments, their failures, and disabilities all affect our mood, our lives.

We sit in cafes, online, and make playdates for and/or about our kids. Our fears are based largely on how fast or how slow they meet those crucial milestones.

As moms, aren't we supposed to brag, just a little? We go too far sometimes, but shouldn't that be overlooked as being a mom is so hard. We need to feel we are doing a good job, that our kid is on "the right track".

Please cafemoms, stop kicking other moms who are doing their level best, and feel the need to be validated by their kids achievements. Know that those who do yell are the ones who feel the most inadequate. We should support each other and help one another through tough times and choices.

Okay...Done. Just needed to say it.

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I agree are kids mean the world to us so (Ya sometimes even me) we all go overboard but so what let us all feel proud of our babies.... they are what makes us who we are today.....
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 10:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Well said mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• A pat on the back to you for saying that very well :)
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Well said.. I agree with you my boys are my world and I dont think theres anything wrong with wanting to share how proud I am of them and I dont think theres anything wrong with others doing the same
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I agree fully
    mistydcross

Answer by mistydcross at 10:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I don't have a problem with people sharing the fact that their child did something (My son drew a circle!). I do, however, have a problem when it becomes a pissing contest between two or more people. (My son drew a circle! So? My kid's been drawing circles since he was 3 months old! Yeah? Well, mine was drawing dodecahedrons before he exited the womb!). I also don't like it when someone says their kid did something (My son drew a circle and he's only 15 months old!) and someone else comes along and tells them it's not possible because "my kid couldn't do that until he was 4, so surely yours isn't doing it at 15 months. You must be mistaken."

It's all just silly. It's fine to share your child's accomplishments. It's not fine -in my opinion- to overly brag about it, or to make another mom feel she's "mistaken" when she says her child did something.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:36 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• makelineerror- that is exactly the kind of post that made me want to post this.
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2011