When did you settle on your baby's name?

In this house, we are polar opposites on time and urgency. I need to do everything right away and know that it is done, he has NEVER had any sense of urgency on anything.

This is our third, and has taken us the longest by far. With both of our other girls, we knew by the end of the first trimester (my doing! LOL), this time I am 32-33 weeks, and we have settled on Katherine. FINALLY.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Baby Names

• Great name! Of course I have to say that since my name is Katherine ;-)
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Lol.. just like my husband and me....lol.... with our first son we had a name picked out for each sex before even knowing so when we found out booy we told everyone okay Aiden is on his way..... with our second we changed it 3x just after knowing it was another boy and it wasn't till the last 2months we made up our minds on Damien... with this pregnancy we know we want Natalie for a girl, but can't decide between Tommy, or Ethen...
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 10:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• We had pretty much decided before I even got pregnant but ended up changing it in the 8th month because DH's parents pretty much wore it out (we had decided not to find out what we were having and had told them what we had chosen for a boy AND a girl) but they wouldn't even consider the thought of baby being a girl(baby is a he) so we decided on a new name and actually loved it more than the first name we chose :)
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• With our first pregnancy we narrowed it down to two boys names by halfway ish I think. I thought we had a girls one from like 3months until 6 or 7months, when DH decided he didn't like it. All the other girls names we tossed out the other shot down, or it wasn't quite right. We hadn't found out what we were having, and I was scared we'd have a daughter with no name. Well within the first hour our DD was born he decided the name I had continuously tried for was a perfect fit for her despite previously not considering it at all. Since we had such a hard time with girls names the first time we would toss them out time to time before even getting pregnant the second time. This time we had our names decided on by 20 weeks, the girl one we're now reconsidering the middle name but set on the first. The boys name we changed once, but before 20 weeks.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 10:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I'm pretty sure I knew by my fifth or sixth month for my youngest twin and about six weeks later I knew Tadens name because I had to wait a whole month extra to find out his gender because he wouldnt move during the ultra sound lol
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• We had a short list, 3 to 5 names picked out toward the end of the pregnancy and then we decided when each was born. We could never agree until we saw the little face. Three times this owrked for us. We had a boy name decided, but we never got one.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• With DS1, I was about 7 months before we decided. With our second, we had a girl name picked out immediately (it was the name that we had chosen if DS1 had been a girl). But, we didn't have a boy name. Of course, he was a boy. I was exactly 1 month before the date of my scheduled c-section when we finally settled on a name.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• With our kids we tok turns picking out names for them our first was named lilyen because my hubby loved it! And of course he had to run it by me lol! Our youngest is named Raeyli it was either that or Joseline....I LOVED those names!!!! We settled with Raeyli bc its kinda a mix of both me and my hubbys name Ryan and kelly. :))

raeyliNlilysmom

Answer by raeyliNlilysmom at 2:02 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• first.. when i was about 6 months along..
    second.. we had a boys name picked out and found out it was a girl and it wasn't until i was 8-9 months along that i settled on a name.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:17 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• We knew before we got pregnant what we wanted our baby to be named if it was a girl... the boy name was a totally different story!

We didn't decide on a boy name until I was about 30 weeks pregnant.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2011