Is there something you realize you say a lot to your kids?

I'm not talking about saying "no". I know you say that a lot. LOL. I'm talking about those silly things you say often. Kind of like OUR parents saying they walked uphill both ways or stuff like that.

One thing I say quite often to my kids when they're getting pretty wild is that "You need to settle down because I don't have time to go to the emergency room today." And I usually get a giggle and they'll settle down enough to where I'm not worried about their safety anymore. How about you?

jenettyshome

Asked by jenettyshome at 2:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I say, "If I have to stop this car, you're gonna know it!" We still tease my dad about saying this and now, I've caught myself saying it! LOL
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• When the kids would start acting up, my hubby used to ask them, "What is your malfunction?" when he got really exasperated
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I've use the ER line too . . . but I do find myself saying "I love you" more than anything; it's not something I heard a lot as a kid myself.
    Anonymous

• I say "You guys are driving me crazy!" ALL the time.

And occasionally "I'm gonna send you back".
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• When my son would act up in the grocery store I would ask him "Where is your mother and when will she be coming to get you?" I also used "Because I'm the mommy and I'm bigger than you".
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 7:43 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Please stop running! Slow down!
    happymom612

Answer by happymom612 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• "Just a minute!!!" "Leave me alone for a second!!" "Because I'm the mommy, that's why!!"
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 1:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• LOL... I've used that line that I don't know my kids, too. You know, "Excuse me, do you know where your mother is?"
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2008