How do i know who the dad really is?

I'm pretty sure i can guess what some of you may be thinking... But allow me to explain.. I found out i was pregnant about 2 or 3 weeks ago, i havent been to the doctor yet, which has led me here because i am going INSANE! I NEED some answers before i yank my hair out! /: Ive been with this Guy Brian for 2 years and some odd months.. well i of course immediately thought with no question that we were having a baby... I just happened forget one tiny detail..HA! I posted on my facebook that i'm pregnant yaddy ya... and this guy Jason messages me.. (one night stand,when brian and i broke it off ) and he asks me about it..and at first i'm like what no its not yours...then im thinking about it and the concievement date is wayyyy to close together to both him and brian! :O But you see...i took the morning after pill with Jason...i can exactly pin point these days because i have the receit haha, i bought the morning after pill January 24th! so i was with Jason on the 23rd..and 3 days later brian and i are back together..(27th) my concievement date is the 29th... i'm at a complete loss... i cant sleep , i cant eat, i'm sick 24/7... All because i am so WORRIED!!! Brian is all excited though we are not together ,he's still excited..Is going to be there everything. I don't know what should i do.. if i should tell him this or let it be... after all the Plan B Pill is 89% affective right?!? that only leaves 11% chances of it being jason...But personally that's insanely to MUCH! ): I AM SO SCARED! AND AM SO ASHAMED FOR BEING SO CARELESS. Someone please help!!!

Sweets88

Asked by Sweets88 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 11% is a pretty big percent, and sperm can live 5 days or something inside, and coneption dates aren't 100%. The only way you're going to know 100% is to have the baby paternity tested. Which is probably not the answer you wanted, since you expressed being stressed over this. But you have Brian wanting to be involved, and even this Jason guy possibly so focus more on yourself and your pregnancy and enjoying it as much as you can with all your varied support systems.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 10:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Does Brian know you were with Jason sexually during your break?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Does Brian know you had sex with Jason? This may be from watching too much CSI, but could u wait until after the baby was born and "collected" a hair sample and tested it?
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 10:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• The morning after pill is like cramming in a full month of birth control, from my understanding...it changes the lining of your uterus so a fertilized egg can't attach, but it would not "dislodge" an existing egg if it had already attached. I can't see you getting pregnant afterward the same month you took that, because your lining would have been changed.

I am afraid you will have to do a test on this one. Fortunately, you can do it discretely if you need to using home kits you can get at Walgreens or any pharmacy. You buy the kit for $20 which includes the info and supplies you need to take your samples, but it is a couple hundred to get your results once you send in your samples. However, the results can go straight to court, so you don't have to repeat testing.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• @mom2twobabes* No he sure doesn't know that... But truthfully he can't say anything because the whole reason for that break was because he cheated. I know two wrongs don't make a right...

@lovebuggsmommie* You're so right not what i wanted to hear ): But thank you for answering! (:
    Sweets88

Comment by Sweets88 (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• "Changes in the menstrual cycle can be expected. Some women will experience spotting a few days after taking Plan B One-Step. Because Plan B One-Step may delay ovulation, you may be at risk of pregnancy in the first few days after treatment. You should use an effective method of contraception for the remainder of this menstrual cycle and thereafter." http://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/handouts/plan_b_contraception.html

I'd say that with all of the data Brian is most likely the dad, with tht being said ... I'd probably wait and see who the baby looks like.

kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Well as hard as it will be to tell him. It will make it easier since he cheated while you two were together! So.....b/c stress is not good for you and baby/ so the air can clear/ you need to talk with Brian and be truthful.

If you keep this in, you will be in mental pain your whole pregnancy.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• @pamarita* that made me laugh!!! lol i love CSI

@ mom 2 3 girlz* See that makes alot of sence to me, for the simple fact the period i had in feb, was from that plan B pill i started on the 4th and never started again, it wasnt my real period.. and i tried telling family planning this but they said it doesnt matter that i'm now 8 weeks but at the time 6weeks.. I was thinking the same thing that how could i get pregnant so closely after taking that pill... I've looked it up on the internet and it pretty much all says the same thing that the plan b pill doesnt always work.. i've taken this before although that was a long time ago.. but i didn't get pregnant... and it also said that if i was already pregnant it would NOT terminate it..but could make me have a false period?!?
    Sweets88

Comment by Sweets88 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• my doc said sperm lives for up to 3days... so IDK,,, it looks like it is Brians, but that really is cutting it close so talk to the doc they would be they best to help you
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 11:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• @mom2twobabes* he cheated NOT me! lol Just want to clear that up!! I'm a faithful person If we're together we're together.. He cheated on me... And we broke up and in my boo whooo state of mind i slept with someone else..
    Sweets88

Comment by Sweets88 (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Apr. 3, 2011