How often/how many ounces of juice should you drink, if you're trying to lose weight?

i want to lose about 50 lbs... Right now, I'm drinking on G2 (its 11pm- but i have about 6 more hours of my "day")...

But I usually take a day to fully drink this bottle (32 oz). It says it holds 4 servings (8 oz).... is 32 oz per day of juice bad? i'm still drinking water more than anything (about 3 liters- sometimes less, sometimes more). this just gives me some taste to my drinks! lol

the nutrition facts. per serving:
calories: 20 (so 80 in the bottle)
total fat:0g (0)
sodium: 110mg (4400)
potassium: 30 mg (120)
Carbs: 5g (20)
Sugar: 5g (20)
Protein: 0g (0)

Shy_Dia

Asked by Shy_Dia at 10:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• re-reading it-- it looks like i'm saying i drink one bottle every day... i drink G2 about 2-3 times a week.
    Shy_Dia

Comment by Shy_Dia (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• the sodium is really not the best for you-you should try crystal light drink mixes-you just get a bottle of water and stir them in- good luck on the weight loss!!!
    Sammy1984

Answer by Sammy1984 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• to add flavor to my water, I add things like sliced up oranges or lemons, or cucumbers. I don't drink juice, because it is empty calories. I eat alot of fruit though, because it has fiber. :)

Good luck losing weight!!
    Sofiabug

Answer by Sofiabug at 11:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• 100% juice is your best bet because it's a serving of fruit, but even then there is a lot of sugar in juice, your best bet is to drink water and eat your fruit.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 11:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• the sodium is herendous in those things..the sugar content is also kinda high for losing weight. Unless you're doing a very vigorous workout, then they're not great to drink. Water is the best thing.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• i burnt myself out on ALL the crystal lights! i might have to go back to that. lol ah well- it was fun while it lasted, G2. I bid thee, farewell. lol

thanks!
    Shy_Dia

Comment by Shy_Dia (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• juice is empty calories. Add lemon or lime to your water
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Unfortunately... not the best to drink while trying to lose weight! GL finding a tasty alternative!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:19 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• It would be more fillng to eat whole fruit and it would be WAY healthier. You're drinking about half a day's worth of salt! Salt is a sneaky little enemy when it comes to weight loss.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2011

• That's not juice - Gatorade & juice are totally not the same! A couple gatorades a week isn't bad, but really, any juice or drink like that isn't going to be condusive to losing weight. I understand that just water is boring (I don't like water) but I drink more if I have it in a fun jug or something, and drink it really cold (cold water makes your body burn more calories, as it has to warm the water up).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2011