A co-worker

told me about these drops that you can buy at the store that can help induce labor. She couldn't remember what they were called though. She said she put them in her drink with her first baby and within 12 hours later she had lost her plug and started to go into labor.

Does anyone have any idea what these could be and if they're safe? I want to look it up because I'm 38 weeks with a baby that's estimated at 8.5 pounds and I don't want to wait too long and have him be too big to have vaginally (he has a big head too haha).

ours

Asked by ours at 2:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Some people advocate taking castor oil, some don't. You might want to do a search about that and see if it sounds like its for you. Good luck, and remember you were built to have a baby, try to tell them a big baby doesn't mean you need a c-section... and sometimes the ultrasound is wrong and the baby is not that big.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 3:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• No NOT castor oil!! So many doctors will advise you AGAINST it!

She is probably talking about primrose oil. My friend and her entire family all swear they went into labor using it. She told me she drank about 3 or 4 cups of hot tea with the primrose oil mixed in it, and by the last cup she was going into labor.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:26 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yeah but sometimes a big baby does mean a c-section! After 38 hours of labor mine wasn't coming out, he was 8 lbs 10 oz. Sorry that had nothing to do with the question
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2008